Be a part of THE ACTION
For Part-time Positions *click here*
Director of Operations
Working under the direction of the General Manager, the Director of Operations manages, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Ralph Engelstad Arena complex. This employee provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to operating supervisors and staff, assuring the highest quality service. The Director of Operations ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental operating budgets while providing highly responsible assistance to the General Manager.
- Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of all operating systems. This includes HVAC, sound, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard systems, pest control, custodial services, etc.
- Participate in the development and administration of the facility’s operations and capital budgets; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures with General Manager; implement adjustments as necessary.
- Communicates with event department for the advancing, communicating and executing of event information to the operations staff.
- Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Responsible for Health & Safety and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers and architects on building projects.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, and material safety data sheets; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration or a related field preferred, but will consider relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge of physical plant management, supervisory skills and experience in work crew supervision in facility operations.
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and work alongside.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical systems and ice operations.
- Basic Knowledge of Fire Alarm/Fire Protection systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Ralph Engelstad Arena, Attn: Stacy, One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive, Grand Forks, ND 58203, or email to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed immediately. Compensation depending on qualifications and experience.
The Ralph is now hiring for the 2020-2021 event season but you won’t be starting until January. We offer a fun, flexible and positive environment and a variety of rewarding part-time positions. From high school, to college, to retired, from ages 16 - 80, we have a diverse and dedicated team that provides our customers a positive experience at the Ralph Engelstad Arena and Betty Engelstad Sioux Center.
The departments below have openings. Most positions are part-time mainly working Friday and Saturday evenings for UND men’s hockey games, along with basketball, volleyball and other events. If you have a question or want to learn more about a position, scheduling, benefits, etc, give us a call 701.777.6607 or email Stacy.
Both positions must be able to work hockey games & a variety of other events.
We are seeking people who can follow directions and has moderate knife skills. We have openings for day shifts and night shifts. Starting at $11.50/hr.
LINE FRYER COOKS
You will operate a deep fryer and cook multiple orders at one time. We have openings for day shifts and night shifts. Starting at $11.50/hr.
Takes order from customer, fills order and handles the money transactions. Helps with prep work, clean up and inventory in the stand. Those serving beer/alcohol or ID checking must be 21 or older. Starting at $10.50/hr.
Our event custodian must be able to work the events and we would require the following: clean bathrooms, pull garbage, dust the concourse and clean up spills on the concourse, in the stands, or stairs. You would work until 2am so you can clean bathrooms, suites, concourses, stairs, and front lobby after the event. (7-8 hour shift on weekends). Starting at $12.25/hr.
Seeking hard working dedicated people to help convert the arenas from their normal hockey or basketball set up to a special event then back to normal set up again. Hours are typically late night and early morning but this will vary depending on the building schedule. This position requires bending, twisting and lifting and it can be strenuous at times. This position is limited in hours, so you can also work in another department at the same time. Starting at $18/hr.
Clean the ice during breaks during the hockey games. Starting at $10.75/hr.
Auditing cash, Friday/Saturday evenings from 6:30pm – 1am. Banking experience preferred. Starting at $11.50/hr.
Direct guests where to park upon arrival at the arena. Starting at $12.25/hr.
We are seeking professional part-time retail positions within in a fast-paced, service-oriented retail environment. Candidates should be reliable, flexible, passionate, & dedicated to providing exceptional levels of service. Hours will be some day hours and Friday and Saturday evenings. Starting at $10.00/hr.
Seeking flexible event staff to help sell tickets, work will call windows, & assist in customer service and general office duties. Most hours revolve around scheduled events at the REA, but we are also looking for those with some daytime availability. Starting at $10/hr.
As part of the Guest Service Team, ushers help guests locate their seats, provide directions and other venue event information, and verify credential access to stairwells and elevators. Ticket takers greet patrons upon entrance to the venue, scan event ticket barcodes to verify ticket validity, and validate university student identification cards. Starting at $10/hr.
Security responsibilities during events. Various responsibilities as assigned. Starting at $12.25/hr.
To apply for any of these positions, complete the job application below. If this is your first job, great! We welcome those with no experience to those with years of experience. For additional information about any of these positions contact Stacy Schlieman 701.777.6607.
You can work at the Ralph to raise funds for your charitable organization! Opportunities exist in concessions and cleaning. Call Chris Lauber at 701.777.3105 for information on a group run concession stand or call Scott Polley at 701.777.6088 for information on group cleaning following events.
For additional information on open positions at Ralph Engelstad Arena contact Stacy Schlieman 701.777.6607
- Events & Tickets
- ND Boys Region 2 BB Tourney
- 2021 Frozen Faceoff
- Ticket Info
- Student Tickets
- Will Call
- Guest Services
- Winter 2021 Athletic Seasons/COVID
- Parking/Shuttles/Ride Share
- ADA Services
- A-Z Guide
- UND Gameday App
- About the Arena
- Ralph Engelstad
- Hockey History
- The Betty
- Promoter Info
- Sioux Shop
- Hockey Academy
- Photo Galleries
- Event News
- Friday Night Wildhorse Fan Party
- Saturday Fan Pregame Party
- Game Information
- Bridgestone Arena
- About Nashville
- Hall Of Fame Museum
- Nashville Merchandise