This full-time benefited position would maintain the cleanliness of the facility, stock supplies, and supervise event staff as assigned. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure building is kept clean and orderly at all times
- Clean all areas of the Ralph Engelstad Arena, Olympic Arena, and Betty Engelstad Sioux Center.
- Maintain custodial equipment and notify manager or supervisor of repair needs.
- Complete required check sheets.
- Prioritize facility needs and make continuous efforts to improve operations.
- Monitor all supply usage and request orders for supplies in a timely manner.
- Ensure safe and orderly storage of all supplies and equipment.
- Ability to fill in for staff at any time and work alongside staff on a regular basis.
- Supervise event staff as assigned.
Work schedule will 40 hours per week, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays. For more information contact Scott Polley or complete the job application below.
Duties include: Clean bathrooms, pull garbage, dust the concourse and clean up spills on the concourse, in the stand, and on stairwells. Shifts would consist of 7 to 8 hours on the weekends after an event (most of the time until 2 AM).
Sioux Shop Sales Associate
Duties include: operating tills, general store cleaning and stocking, inventory control, scheduling facility tours, processing phone and e-commerce orders. Must have good customer service skills and be willing to work retail hours; including weekends, evenings, and holidays. Sioux Shop is open 7 days a week and is located in the main lobby of Ralph Engelstad Arena.
Logistics Team Member
Duties include: Receive orders and stock items into stands. Set-up stands, portables, and beer portables for events. Run logistics during men's hockey games, concerts, and other large events. Must be able to be on your feet for 8-10 hours and lift up to 50 lbs.
The following departments have openings for the upcoming event season. These part-time jobs are mainly on Friday and Saturday evenings during UND hockey games and other events.
- Event Custodians: clean the facility during events.
-Cashier: handle cash and credit card transactions with guests at cash register.
-Runner: fill guest's food orders.
-Cook: prepare & cook all hot food items.
-ID Checkers: verify guests are over 21 years of age and be certified in the Responsible Alcohol Server Training.
- Parking: direct guests where to park upon arrival at the arena.
- Sioux Shop: retail associate.
-Prep Cooks: moderate knife skills required. Openings include day and night shifts.
-Line Fryer Cooks: operate deep fryer. Openings include day and night shifts.
- Conversion Crew: help convert the arenas from their normal hockey and basketball set up to a special event and back to normal set up. Hours are typically late night and early morning.
- Night Auditors: auditing cash Friday/Saturday evenings from 6:30 PM to 1 AM. Banking experience preferred.
- Guest Services: ushers help guests located their seats, provide directions, verify credentials access, and provide other event information. Ticket takers greet patrons upon entrance to the venue and scan tickets.
- Box Office: staff sells tickets, works will call window, and assists in customer service and general office duties.
- Security: provide security functions during events.
To apply for any of these positions, complete the job application below. For additional information about any of these positions contact Stacy Schlieman 701.777.6607.
You can work at the Ralph to raise funds for your charitable organization! Opportunities exist in concessions and cleaning. Call Chris Lauber at 701.777.3105 for information on a group run concession stand or call Scott Polley at 701.777.6088 for information on group cleaning following events.
For additional information on open positions at Ralph Engelstad Arena contact Stacy Schlieman 701.777.6607
- About the Arena
- Ralph Engelstad
- Hockey History
- The Betty
- Promoter Info
- Sioux Shop
- Hockey Academy
- Photo Galleries