Many call Ralph Engelstad Arena the finest hockey facility in the world! Take a tour and experience all that is this beautiful facility for yourself.
“The Ralph was an awesome place to develop as a young player. It had everything we needed to get better, and the game nights were electric with sold out crowds and a wild student section always cheering us on” – T.J. Oshie, UND Hockey 2005-08
Opened in 2001, The Ralph, as many know it has been a staple of the Grand Forks community and a centerpiece for the entire region to be proud of. Come see for yourself what the vision and dream of one man has become, let our guide show you our marble floors, leather seats, and state of the art athletic training areas. We welcome all fans to The Ralph Engelstad Arena Home of North Dakota Hockey.
Specific tour routes are established each day based on event and activities in the facility, therefore all areas on the tour are subject to availability. When available tours will include areas such as club rooms, suite level, main level, ice level, Olympic arena, and the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center.
All tours of the Ralph Engelstad Arena begin at the Sioux Shop located inside the main entrance facing east. Please allow 60 to 90 minutes for tours. Be sure to wear comfortable footwear as tours cover a distance of approximately one mile. Daily tours are given Monday-Friday at 1:30pm. At the completion of each tour each paying guest will receive a complementary tour guide including photos, program history, Ralph Engelstad bio, and highlighted past events.
To schedule a tour, contact the Sioux Shop at 701.777.6636.
$6 Kids ages 5-17 / Seniors 55+ / Students / Military and UND Student (with ID)
Free for children under 5 (limit 2 per adult)
Group Tours (larger than 10 people)*
$6 Kids ages 5-17 / Seniors 55+ / Students / Military and UND Student (with ID).
Groups must arrange tour at least 24 hours in advance.
Weekend tours must be scheduled in advance and are subject to events and availability.
Please park in the lot located on the north side of Ralph Engelstad Arena. Lots located on the south side of the arena are monitored by UND parking and any unauthorized vehicle will be issued a ticket.
If you are unsure about where to park when taking your tour, call the Sioux Shop 701.777.6636 for more information.
What to know before you arrive:
- Tours are wheelchair accessible, and a limited number of complementary wheelchairs are available upon prior request.
- During tours, guests are asked to respect the privacy of our coaches, student-athletes and staff. Photos of coaches, student-athletes and staff are strictly prohibited. Autograph requests are not allowed during facility tours.
- Tours that pass through the Ice Level team areas will require all guests to remove outdoor footwear before entering, please wear socks to walk in these areas.
- While walk-up guests are welcome, we strongly encourage you to reserve your spot on the daily tour at least 24hrs in advance by contacting the Sioux Shop at 701-777-6636.
- Group and special tour arrangements require 48 hour advanced notice.
- Specific tour routes are established each day based on events and activities in the facility, therefore all areas on the tour are subject to availability. When available tours will include areas such as club rooms, suite level, main level, ice level, Olympic arena, and the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center.